New moms are so cute. They have no idea what they are doing. Unless we older moms show them, they won’t know the difference between a useful investment and one that’s just eating up their already limited funds. On this site we strive to provide moms with great buying suggestions. Therefore, we would like to impart to you the best buys for new moms.
Before we start our list though, there is one thing you must purchase above all else. That is a baby carrier. Your baby has enjoyed the residence within your body for roughly 10 months. That means the new real world will be a shocking experience. You want to create the least amount of shell shock. So do your research and learn about the baby carriers that will best suit your wee one’s needs. But do not neglect to make that purchase.
5 Necessary Items for New Moms
You have been gifted, new mom, with a precious commodity. Babies are completely dependent upon you and therefore, you should ensure that the money you spend on their well-being is worthwhile. Kids cost a lot of money so there is no reason to waste it when they first arrive in your arms. Here are 5 necessary items for new moms:
- Crib and mattress– Please do your research before purchasing or accepting a crib. There are some that have been deemed completely unsafe for your wee ones. And, those bumpers everyone suggests you put around the inner edge are really just an extra non-necessary expenditure (they might actually be dangerous).
- Diaper bag– This will be an essential inclusion to your wardrobe. Do not skimp on the diaper bag. Get one with lots of pockets for the various creams, medicines, and snacks you will carry on your person for the next year (at least) and make sure that there is plenty of room for multiple changes of clothes (for the baby and maybe even a few shirts for you) as well as diapers, wipes, bibs and burp cloths. Check these
- Stroller- Here’s the thing about strollers, they have to fit two things, your lifestyle and your car. If you are driving a smart car (which is kind of stupid with a baby) then you will have to settle for an umbrella stroller. However, if you’ve got a decent storage space in your vehicle, we recommend a stroller with all terrain wheels and a sun shade. That way you can take your new little anywhere your heart desires and he/she can be comfortable at the same time.
- Car seat– Since we are talking about cars, it is important that you start out with a rear-facing seat for your baby. It’s the law so there’s no need to try to argue with us here. We understand that it makes it difficult to see your child, that’s why they created mirrors to attach to the headrest. If you want one that can stay with the baby for a while you should also look at the best convertible car seat on the market.
- Breast pump– We’re not going to lie, we recommend breast feeding your baby for the first year of his/her life. Research shows that breast milk is the best thing for your child (learn more). However, we understand that women are not always able to remain at home. Some of us have to go to work. Therefore, splurge on a really good breast pump (your insurance might actually cover this) so that your baby can still get the nutritional benefits only a mother’s body can provide.
If you are stressing out about being a new mom, this site has some additional advice. It will all be great (even when it hurts).