We may not be super thrilled to sit our kids down in front of the TV for extended periods of time. However, we all understand how much that hour and a half of near silence means. Therefore, it is probably a good idea to determine the best movies for moms to buy. After all, you might as well invest your movie money in those films that will provide your kids with great life lessons or moral value.
Before you cough up the dough, we recommend checking the Netflix movie list. We are moms too, so why spend money on movies you can watch for free on Netflix if you have a subscription? The cool thing about the link we provided is that you can search for the various movies you are considering prior to purchasing them. That will help you save some money, and it might let you find a movie to use in a jam. Netflix movies are pretty great.
30 Movies You Should Own for Your Kids
We didn’t check to see if any of these are on Netflix. You’ll have to do that research yourself. However, these movies hold significant value to us because some of them came out when we were kids. The movies on this list are powerful and serve an educational purpose. Don’t miss these 30 movies you should own for your kids:
- Charlotte’s Web
- Finding Nemo
- Lilo and Stitch– The part in this movie when Stitch realizes that he wants a family makes us cry every time. Our kids need to see the value in the family they have. Learn more.
- Toy Story
- Beauty and the Beast– Loving people beyond their brokenness, even in the midst of their beastly behavior, is hard to do. Belle certainly battles that choice but in the end, that love is what rescues Beast from himself. How many times have we needed people to love us like that?
- The Land Before Time
- The Lego Movie
- The Lion King
- Marry Poppins
- The Wizard of Oz– Everything is not as it seems. Our kids need to be aware of the people who hide behind the curtains controlling things from a secure spot. Read this.
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Muppet Movie
- Anne of Green Gables– You just have to love Anne. She is precocious and witty. Her drive to make life good, no matter the circumstances, is worthy of applause.
- ET: The Extra Terrestrial
- How to Train Your Dragon
- The Incredibles- This movie lets our kids see that everybody has been gifted with different talents. Hopefully, we can train them to use their gifts and abilities for the betterment of the world around them and those they love.
- Star Wars
- Akeelah and the Bee
- The Princess Bride
- Superman: The Movie
- It’s a Wonderful Life– George needs to know that he is on this earth for a purpose. This is a great message for teenagers struggling in their own skin, wondering why they are here, and if anyone would miss them if they were gone.
- A League of Their Own
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Spider- Man
- October Sky
- Remember the Titans
- Goonies- Ok, so maybe this one isn’t as educational as we would like it to be, but your older kids will love the adventure and the sense of wonder that it instills.
If you’re not in love with our list you could always read this one.