It is very hard for busy moms to stick to an exercise routine and juggle that with all the other tasks they have to do on a daily basis. It will be a question of squeezing in a workout whenever they have a free moment. Between caring for your kids, working and household demands it is very hard to stay fit. Moms don’t even get a bathroom break in peace so how can they fit a workout session in? Here are a few ways moms can stay fit and still qualify for that mother of the year award. Your health comes first and you will feel like a million dollars once you implement a regular exercise routine plus you will have more energy to run after your little ones.
It is good to wake up a bit earlier to get things done. You can also fit in your workout session early in the morning before the day runs away with you. Most moms are busy when the kids get ready for school or after work so it is almost impossible to workout at those times. Wake up a half an hour earlier than usual and while everyone is still snoozing have a quiet and meaningful workout session. It will benefit you in many ways and get your fresh and ready for the day. Click here for some great morning workout routines.
Make a schedule
If there are two of you in your relationship you can arrange your yoga dates or workout sessions with your partner to make sure that they are aware and that they can prepare to take care of things at those times. Let them know ahead of time to avoid any miscommunication. You are a mom and you are also allowed to get a little help now and then.
Plan your workout routine
With the little time you have left make sure that you plan what you are going to be doing at the gym. Nowadays there are great outdoor gym structures in parks that really offer everything you need to fit in a good workout session. You could even have these structures installed in your garden. Take a look at udendørs fitness for a revolutionary solution to outdoor exercising. This is a great website that offers energy friendly and effective exercise equipment that can be installed in your own backyard! With health walking, climbing and other options this is sure to be fun for the whole family so include your kids!
We usually spend our lunchtimes chewing on a sandwich or salad and waiting to go back to work. Make the most of your lunch hour by popping into the gym or going for a jog. This is precious time that you won’t have at home. Many corporations promote healthy living and have a gym at work. If you are lucky enough to enjoy this benefit make use of it. Click here for some easy lunchtime exercise routines.
While being a mother is a special and rewarding experience, it’s also often challenging. When you’re working and taking care of your kids, it is already difficult to set aside some time for yourself and do things that you love, such as exercising. Moms know that finding time to exercise is crucial to maintain healthy lifestyle, but kids’ demands, household responsibilities, and work can make that option unworkable. That’s why we’ve made this guide to help busy moms, like you, get your needed workout even if you have chores to do, children to care for, marriage to maintain, career to improve, and community to serve. Here are a few suggestions:
- Schedule it as part of your daily routine. Most moms fill their schedules with tasks related exclusively to family and work, leaving a little for themselves. But this shouldn’t be necessary all the time. The trick here is to learn how to manage your time well. Plan your schedule carefully; write them down and make sure that you include exercise on your calendar. And always keep in mind that exercise is just as important as attending your office meeting or doing your daily housework.
- Be creative: Take advantage of odd times. Because of too much responsibilities and workload, sometimes, moms don’t realize that they have available time to do things they love. Early in the morning, during office break, or even at-home break while kids are watching or sleeping may be the perfect time to get in a workout.
- Exercise with your family. Although an exercise can be a great way to detach and get a few moments to be with yourself, it is also a great way to bond with your family. In this age with so much technology and social media, it’s so easy to get pulled apart. Including exercise in your family routine will not only help your family grow stronger together, but as well as will help your kids know the importance of exercise in life.
- Consider home workouts. There are times that no matter how much you want to go outside and run, it just isn’t possible – either because the weather is not good or you’re not in the mood to go to gym. But times like these are not an excuse to skip exercise. Remember, there are several kinds of workouts that you can do even you’re at the comfort of your home. Sometimes, you just need to invest in a home exercise machine, of course, the ones that are best rated for home use, to be able to squeeze in a workout anytime.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. Don’t feel bad or guilty if you have to skip one day of exercise. In life, there are just really things that happen that are out of our control. If you are sick, or someone in your family is sick, or you’re just really not in the mood because of what happened in the office, then it’s okay to miss one day. As long as you make the time to exercise on a regular basis, skipping one day is completely fine.
Being a mom can really be so challenging. But remember, no matter how many kids you need to care for or household responsibilities you need to keep track of, you can still be strong, fit, and healthy as long as you’re committed and use your time wisely!