As a single mom you are the one taking care of everything all the time. There are a few essential items that are well worth investing in to make it a lot easier to handle the daily tasks you set out for yourself. There is no reason why single moms should be excluded from the DIY group and it is great to see moms grabbing a drill and mounting that new painting by herself. There are many tools and items that are pretty easy to use and with practice any mom can take care of her home emergencies by herself. Click here to learn more about easy DIY jobs.
The picture fell off the wall, no problem! Grab that drill and put it back up. It isn’t rocket science to use a drill and get something mounted in no time at all. As a tool with many functions like mounting or dismounting something you will be quite capable of handling this every day task with no effort.
Moms, get a ladder, chances are you are going to need one. If your little one tosses the Frisbee or ball on the roof you need to make sure can safely use a ladder to get it back. Keep the ladder at home and use it rather than getting on a dangerous stack of books or a rickety table that might cause you to fall.
Don’t settle for a cheap flashlight. There is nothing worse than being stuck in the dark while looking for candles or the generator switch and the flashlight stops working. Invest in a good and heavy duty LED flashlight which will make sure that you are never caught in the dark.
Moms, invest in a generator. With storms, energy saving and other occurrences there will always be those times where you have no lights or electricity. Invest in a good generator that will help your household to run smoothly even if you have no power. Make sure to take a look at The Tool Report’s generator reviews to find the best information on generators. Choosing the right one is imperative and will take away the headache of candles and having to buy takeaways because you cannot cook.
Ten in one screwdriver
This nifty tool will give you all the functions you need and will help remove any screw you need to remove. There is always an occasion in everyone’s life where they find themselves rummaging through drawers looking for the right screwdriver. You will be able to fit any size screw with a ten in one.
Long enough extension cord
An extension cord is necessary for any DIY job so make sure you purchase one that can reach at least 20 meters. You will also need a long extension cord for your new generator. It is a regular and common problem to not reach outlets when doing a drill or machine job. The cords are usually too short. Cater for this by purchasing the right length extension cord. Read more about how generators work.
Being a single mom is never easy. Aside from doing all the day-to-day responsibilities, such as working in the office, cooking meals, washing the dishes, and cleaning the house, you also have to ensure that your kids are well raised, educated, and more importantly, protected – particularly in this age when property crimes are prevalent. As a mom, it’s also your responsibility to keep yourself safe for your children.
However, for a single mom, protecting herself and her children can be a hard work. Without an adult male living in your home, it’s easy to become a target of a home invasion. But this shouldn’t scare you. By taking necessary preventative measures and being more cautious, you’ll be able to keep yourself and children safe. Here’s how:
- Always check before you open the door. When someone knocks on your door, check first whose knocking before opening it. You can do this either by using your peephole or nearby window, or asking the person on the other side. If you don’t know or trust the person, keep the door close. You should also teach your children to not open your door to strangers.
- Make your property well-lit. Intruders prefer to sneak around in poor-lit or dark areas as this makes them hard to notice. Check the areas around the exterior of your home and make sure to have enough lighting on low-lit areas, such as in garage, front door, driveway, and yard. If possible, install a motion sensor lighting at your property to quickly detect a potential threat in your home.
- Trim shrubs and trees. Robbers and intruders tend to watch their target area before they attack it, and they do so by hiding in trees, shrubs, and other objects that can cover them. To discourage intruders from invading your property, remove or trim any trees, shrubs, or bushes around that could help them gain an access. If you like plants, though, consider growing plants that inflict pain instead, such as those with sharp leaves, thorns, spines, and irritant fibers.
- Install monitored security systems. Home security alarms are one of the best ways to ensure your safety and your children’s as well. These days, not only do high-end security systems can keep unscrupulous individuals out of your home, but also help you detect fires and other home hazards. If you’re in Baltimore, visit the City Locksmith Baltimore MD website to get the best security system that will best protect your property.
- Arm yourself and get proper training. Numerous schools and organizations out there provide training for families wanting to protect themselves and their property from harm. Attend some of these and you’ll learn different strategies to keep yourself and family safe in the face of all possible home threats, such as how to properly use weapons, how to use items you can find at home, such as pepper spray, to fight the invaders, and what actions to take to remain safe.
Threats are real, but don’t let them scare or frighten you. There are many things that you can do to keep away people who want to harm you, and some of them are already mentioned above. Do everything you can to protect yourself and your family against harm and threat.
Being a single mom can be hard. Instead of having someone to help with for all the different purchases, single moms have no choice but to pay for everything themselves. This can be hard and complicated. A single mom is usually determined and hardworking and things might be tough in the beginning but do not fret because you will still be able to purchase a home and yes, you can do it on your own with a little bit of help.
It will be helpful if you could check out mortgagebroker.com.au. This will allow you to be given the help that you need regarding the various mortgage loans that are available. The mortgage brokers will always be willing to lend a hand regarding your concerns and they will also choose loans and plans that can work well with you. This way, you can be sure about how you are going to pay for your mortgage.
There are still some other tips in mind that you have to know to make the dream of owning your own home to become possible:
It is likely that you have a job. There may even be times when you have to handle more than two jobs but you have to count all of the income that you are earning so far and through that, determine how much you spend on the food plus your basic needs. If you have other sources of income aside from your job, you can consider that as well.
This can work for everyone. You have to remember that having a goal will set you to the right path. Instead of feeling a bit confused with the things that you have to do, having a goal in mind will allow you to know the right path to take. Do remember that you can start with small goals first to help you out. You can learn more about goal planning here. Once you have a goal, you will be able to make decisions that will help you advance in the goal that you may have in mind.
Having the help of your other family members and friends can be vital especially when you are at that point when you do not know what to do. You may choose to gain the support of people you know or you may also want to attend seminars also given by single moms and how it has empowered them into doing their best. There may be other moms who have already done it before. You can ask for their help on how they have done it. They will be more than willing to share a tip or two.
You have to remember that the experience is always different for different people. There may be some who will be able to work well and work fast but there are also times when it seems impossible. Do not lose hope. With the right mortgage broker, everything is possible.